Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We obsess right here with you at Just Hillin'—all dish on we can stand, maybe more, on one of this century's grand achievements in the television arts.
1) Apparently, Brody Jenner—Lauren Conrad's former dude, who's getting into some antics tonight per last week's promo—was flapping his gums about starting a modeling agency in LA at the Victoria's Secret Pink party in Miami last week, per Fashionista (pictured). Sounds promising. [Fashionista]
2) On the LC front, the girl has gone global with her eponymous line and launched in Canada. LC is also giving fashion advice, in couple-minute snippets via here LC's Eye-On on YouTube. In the first episode, she talks about what's in (wedge shoes, bold accessories), what's out (high-waisted jeans) and where she shops (Bleu, Urban Outfitters, American Rag). There are some rich quotes, too: "Every spring, people start wearing more, like, spring-y dresses." [Girls Talking Smack; Style Crunch]
3) Buy what The Hills stars buy at singer22.com, per California Style. [California Style]
4) Now this is a biggie—Lauren Conrad wears clear nail polish! Also, from Fashionista: "It's no secret that at the Fashionista office, we've always claimed (and only half as a joke) that whatever Lauren did with her fingers, every girl in America would do later. For about two years, she's clung to Chanel's Black Satin varnish, but this week, it was something different: Totally clear with nothing else. For those who care, even secretly, I've attached a close-up below." Beware, the close-up image sucks. [Fashionista]
5) The Hills, the movie? Pretty Boring does not indicate the source of the rumor, but has heard there's talk of a feature length project. Cash cow is all we're saying. [Pretty Boring]