Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Photo via The Pipeline
Despite the blaze at new Urban Outfitters shopping center concept Space 15 Twenty, the Samantha Pleet Tea Party tonight from 7pm-10pm is not canceled. A celebration of Pleet's in-store pop-up—replete with the designer's RAPSCALLION collection for the retailer, Pamela Love jewelry, Yana Bags, Pleet's collab with Dirty Librarian Chains, vintage and more—there will be tea, cookies and a live performance by Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti around 8:30pm-ish.
As far as Space 15 Twenty, we hear from Urban's PR that it will open Monday: "For the party the Urban Area will be sectioned off and her items will be available for sale." RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Breaking! Fire at Space 15 Twenty, Opening Postposted! [Racked]
· Storecasting: Urban Outfitters at Space 15 Twenty Opens Friday [Racked]
· NYC's Kiosk Thinks Urban Outfitters' Sign at Space 15 Twenty Looks Very Familiar [Racked]
· Stocking Hennessey + Ingalls [Racked]
· Urban Outfitters's Space 15 Twenty Shopping Center [Racked]