Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Despite initial statements to the contrary from the Mike & Chris camp, Racked NY gets word that LA label is, in fact, restructuring. The following is an email from the LA showroom, which was forwarded by a tipster:
We just wanted to update everyone on the status of Mike and Chris. Over the past two weeks, the company has been restructuring. We apologize if we haven't been as responsive during this transition. This transition caused further holiday production delays, so the company was forced to cancel 9/30-10/15x and 10/30-11/15x. We know these cancellations affect your business as well and we sincerely apologize about the inconvenience this may cause. All deliveries going forward will be produced on time. The L.A. showroom is open if you have any questions or concerns. Please resubmit any orders or requests made after October 31st, so we can make sure all our records are up to date. Mike and Chris is making a formal announcement about our new developments soon, but in the mean time we want to assure you Mike and Chris is better than ever. Thank you for your continued support.
· RackedWire: Odin Folks Open an Outlet; Mike & Chris Restructuring Official [Racked NY]
· More Distressing Mike & Chris News [Racked]
· Troubling Times: Mike & Chris Can't Pay NYC Showroom Rent [Racked]
· Mike & Chris Rep Says 'Very Much Still in Business,' Meanwhile, Finanical Woe Rumblings Date Back to March [Racked]
· Mike & Chris "Restructuring," Future of Label is Uncertain [Racked]